Date Added: 25 January 2019
: 24 February 2019
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: The Social Change Agency
The Social Change Agency helps build people powered movements that change the world.
The role involves supporting the communications apparatus of our biggest client, DFID, on their UK Aid Match scheme. This includes working closely with international development charities on their strategies for communicating their work to the British public.
- Supporting grantees of the DFID UK Aid Match Fund in delivery of their communications strategy. This involves an evaluation of their communications strategy and assessing their feasibility and effectiveness.
- Assessing and supporting communications throughout the live appeal for CSOs.
- Noticing new opportunities for outreach for CSOs.
- Understanding where and how ministers can get involved in CSO appeals.
- Ensuring communications are on message, effective, and concise in delivering the development goals.
- Turning complicated/boring copy into more approachable and interesting language.
- Building effective relationships with partners and CSOs.
- Keep up to date with a varied political and current affairs landscape to stay on top of developing news stories in order to spot opportunities for ministers and CSOs.
- Supporting the communications needs of the Social Change Agency, as and when required.
Skills and experience required
- 3 years’ experience in a press/comms office environment.
- Ability to evaluate communications strategies to see if they will be effective and feasible.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills that enable you to assess and proactively support CSO messaging and ensure it is engaging and appropriate.
- A keen eye for detail and proofreading ability.
- Experience or knowledge of using the media to reframe public narrative.
- Understanding political risk.
- A good understanding of varied communication channels, including social media and digital platforms.
- Common sense, understanding current affairs and critical thinking.
- Enthusiasm for the cause and an interest in the development sector.
- Experience of being in an effective professional network
- Experience of working in an office environment.
See full job here: https://thesocialchangeagency.org/vacancy-comms-officer/
Closing Date: 24 February 2019
Interviews: We will call applicants for interview on a rolling basis.
Please send us a CV and a cover letter telling us why you are interested in the role and what you think you can contribute to it Sapna Patel ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
For more information on the role please call: 0333 200 5837