Date Added: 25 January 2019
: 11 February 2019
Job Title: Parliamentary Intern
Working For: The Rt Hon Anne Milton MP (Guildford)
Salary: equivalent to £17,062 per annum, pro rata
The Rt Hon Anne Milton MP is looking for an intern to assist her and her team in her Westminster office for 6 months. This internship will provide an opportunity to learn about the working of an MP’s office within Parliament.
The successful candidate will have the following key skills and attributes:
• Highly organised, reliable and motivated
• Team player with sense of humour
• Able to write clearly and concisely
• Good IT skills
• Good telephone manner
• Educated to A Level or degree level
The job will involve:
• Assisting Parliamentary Assistant and Caseworker with constituency correspondence and research
• Data entry and data management
• Diary management
• Organising constituent visits and tours
• General administrative tasks
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 11 February 2019
Interviews week beginning 18 Feb. Start date mid-March. Position may be filled before the closing date.
Please email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Please put your name and surname in the subject box.