We are looking for a passionate, energetic and experienced campaigner to help launch a new news and campaigns platform that will challenge the rise of extremist and nationalist politics while defending democracy, diversity and rights.
You’ll need to be a strong writer, tech savvy, and have a nose for virality. Decisive, ambitious and happy to take risks. Work hard and learn fast.
In return, you’ll further develop your skills in both journalism and digital campaigning, and break new ground exploring how these two models can combine.
As the lead campaigner on the team, you’ll devise and launch campaigns inspired by our news stories. You’ll build the organisation’s membership and develop fundraising strategies to engage them.
• Identify and launch high impact, online campaigns in collaboration with editorial staff
• Use social media to promote campaigns and build support
• Translate momentum behind campaigns into changes in government policy and private sector decisions
• Use campaigns to build permanent networks of email lists and members.
• Build the brand’s membership model and convert committed supporters
• Lead on fundraising appeals
• Face-to-face contact with board members, investors, and other key stakeholders
• Some early morning, evening and weekend working is required
• Digital campaigning – including online actions, fundraising, petitions, emails
• Excellent editorial and copywriting skills
• In-depth understanding of social media channels and how to engage and grow new audiences
• Data-driven and tech savvy. Experience of using content management systems, enterprise level tools for social media, HTML and photoshop.
• A passion for holding power to account
• A keen understanding and interest in the workings of news organisation, rhythm of the news cycle and understanding of how to make campaigns newsworthy
• Good knowledge of social platforms, a passion for internet culture and understanding of its dynamics with politics
• Excellent time-management skills
• Be low-ego and high-output, energetic with a flexible can-do attitude
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Have an ability to apply attention to detail and concentration in busy surroundings
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter of no more than 600 words explaining why you'll be great in the role. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.