Date Added: 28 January 2019
: 13 February 2019
Job Title: Media Manager
Working For: Green Group of MSPs
Location: Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh
Salary: c. £32,000, plus on-call allowance for agreed periods of cover
Hours: 37 hours per week, with occasional weekend and evening working
Reporting to: Director of Political Strategy
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and experienced communications professional to join the Scottish Green Group in Parliament. You will work as part of the central team that supports the work of the Green MSPs in Parliament and is responsible for communications to promote our work to the media, supporters and the public. This is a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding role that will put you at the heart of our efforts to create a fairer, greener Scotland.
Duties and responsibilities
• Deliver the Scottish Greens’ media communications and build the media profile of our parliamentary work
• Manage and promote the media profile of the Scottish Green MSPs
• Support campaign development and delivery to ensure our parliamentary campaigns get the profile and public traction they need to succeed
• Draft press releases, answer and deal with media enquiries, organise broadcast interviews, draft briefing notes, letters and articles.
• Monitor Press Association wires and social media for current and relevant media stories
• Out-of-hours media cover (on a rotational basis with other staff)
• Contribute to the management of and produce content for social media and MSP websites, newsletters and emails
• Build a broad range of contacts within the press, broadcast and online media
• Identify new opportunities to communicate the work of the Green MSPs to constituents
• Assist with the development and delivery of Green MSPs’ campaign priorities
• Accompany MSPs at media events and/or represent MSPs if requested
• Liaise with officers of the Scottish Green Party on national communications priorities
• Other reasonable and appropriate duties as required
Find the full job description and person specifications at: https://greens.scot/work-with-us
Closing Date: 13 February 2019
Closing time: 12.00
Interviews will take place during the week of Monday 18 February.
Please email a cover letter and CV to Gordon.Crawford@Parliament.scot. You should ensure you demonstrate how you meet the person specification as set out above in your application.
For an informal discussion about this role, please call Harry Huyton, Director of Political Strategy, on 0131 348 6361.