Date Added: 30 January 2019
: 18 February 2019
Job Title: Public Affairs Executive
Working For: Advertising Association
Salary: Dependent on Experience
The Advertising Association is the umbrella body for the advertising industry, representing ad agencies, media and advertisers.
We are looking for a dynamic self-starter who is early in their career, has a keen interest in politics and has some prior experience working in an MP’s office at Westminster as an intern or first job, to join our 4-person public affairs team as PA Executive.
The person we recruit will be primarily working for the Public Affairs Manager to create a pro-active Parliamentary and Government outreach programme for the Advertising Association in Westminster and Holyrood, with the aim of building understanding of and political support towards the advertising industry.
The successful candidate will also be expected to help support other functions of the Public Affairs team.
The job will include:
- Organizing meetings and events with MPs at Westminster;
- Developing briefs for MPs and industry;
- Keeping members informed about political developments that affect their business;
- Ensuring internal communications with other departments, as needed;
- Managing and recording communications with parliamentarians and other political influencers through CRM tools;
- Supporting an outreach programme at Holyrood.
Closing Date: 18 February 2019
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Start date: As soon as possible
To apply for this position, please email a CV and covering letter setting out why you are interested in the AA, how you fit the role and what would bring to the team to David.Henderson@adassoc.org.uk.
Please apply with the words "Public Affairs Executive” in the email subject heading.
We will make every effort to acknowledge your application and inform you of the result, but due to limited resources this may not be possible.