Date Added: 30 January 2019
: 15 February 2019
Job Title: Global Security and Geopolitical Risk, Senior Analyst
Working For: Falanx Assynt
Location: Dubai, UAE
Salary: Competitive and dependent on experience
We are seeking an experienced global security and geopolitical risk, senior analyst for a new role based in Dubai. The successful candidate will be embedded in a major multinational technology firm’s global security department.
• Be a diligent and cooperative member of a global team of analysts providing rigorous and forward thinking analysis;
• Provide Global Intelligence Manager with analysis required to brief relevant senior leadership groups on all major global issues;
• Gather and analyse data to facilitate improvements in the methodologies, tools and techniques to enable the team to optimise operations to mitigate potential risk;
• Fit into a respectful team culture centred on open communication, sharing, listening, and recognition of team members at all levels;
• Follow client company’s procedures and processes as they relate to best practices, and handling of confidential information;
• Flexible work schedule, able to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays;
• Report on a daily basis to the client’s Global Intelligence Manager, while also reporting regularly to line manager at Falanx Assynt;
• Manage and grow relationships with relevant internal stakeholders at both Falanx Assynt and the clients
• Excellent understanding of reputational risks facing businesses
•Able to write clearly, simply and compellingly in English.
• Excellent understanding of principal geopolitical risks and how they affect the private sector;
• Excellent judgement, as well as the capability to identify political and security issues and their likely consequences;
• Deep personal and professional network across academia, industry, think tanks, Government;
• Excellent relationship building, including the ability to craft ties in a complex multi-jurisdictional environment, and working with colleagues across multiple time-zones;
• Experience completing multiple tasks simultaneously and functioning with minimal supervision.
• Good analytical judgement, as well as the ability to identify reputational or other risk issues and their likely consequences for the client’s business.
•Ability to read and speak Arabic an advantage.
• Experience of living in working in several foreign countries desirable;
• At least three years' work experience in a related field.
Closing Date: 15 February 2019
Interviews by the end of February.
Please submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference ‘Assynt Application – Geopolitical Analyst, Dubai’ as the subject