Date Added: 30 January 2019
: 18 February 2019
Job Title: Senior External Affairs Manager
Working For: Department for Transport
Salary: £52,054 to £57,506
Are you a dynamic, experienced communications professional looking for an exciting new role within the Government Communications Service? Would you like to lead the engagement strategies for some of the most high profile issues in Government, including the expansion of Heathrow airport and delivery of HS2? Do you have the ability to influence and the confidence to advise government ministers, officials and stakeholders at all levels? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for a Senior External Affairs Manager to plan and implement the delivery of cross-modal stakeholder engagement strategies, and to lead our Ministerial visits function. You will be responsible for developing stakeholder handling and engagement strategies for some of the most high profile issues in Government, such as HS2, advising Ministers and senior officials, and ensuring that Ministers and senior officials are provided with an engaging programme of visits to support the Department’s objectives.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the Ministerial visits team, ensuring that Ministers are provided with an engaging programme of visits to support the Department’s objective, including line management of the Ministerial Visits Manager
- Building effective and proactive relationships with key organisations in the transport, business and supply chain sectors to support the Department’s objectives
- Leading the development and delivery of stakeholder handling and engagement strategies for high-profile and controversial issues
- Providing strategic advice to Ministers and our Executive Committee on stakeholder engagement and handling
- Producing briefings and communications material for key audiences, such as businesses and industry organisations, to promote better understanding of key issues and initiatives
- Gathering intelligence and analyse the effectiveness of external engagement to help inform current and future engagement strategies
- Establishing common engagement principles and best practice to improve the quality of stakeholder engagement across the department and its agencies
Previous transport experience is not required for this role.
Closing Date: 18 February 2019
The sift is due to take place on 19 February 2019.
Interviews and assessments are likely to be held on 4 and 5 March 2019.
Apply on the Civil Service Jobs website: https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/jobs.cgi?jcode=1617296