Date Added: 30 January 2019
: 18 February 2019
Job Title: Programme Assistant (Conference Production Assistant)
Working For: Inside Government
Salary: £22,000 (£24,000 upon completion of a 3 month probation)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an additional Programme Assistant to join Inside Government. Inside Government is a leading organiser of apolitical policy-led forums for practitioners across the public sector. This is an exciting role in a growing division with excellent career opportunities for those interested in public policy and UK politics.
The Programme Assistant will be responsible for in-depth public policy research, writing agendas, inviting speakers, building relationships with key speakers and organisations, and managing and delivering their own portfolio of policy forums. They will demonstrate creativity and innovation from event development to delivery, to support the ever-evolving needs of the public sector and in turn support the company’s growth aspirations.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• In depth research, desk-based and through research calls, across a wide range of UK domestic policy areas
• Identifying, inviting, confirming and regularly liaising with high profile speakers from across the public sector
• Producing enticing and attractive website copy in the form of event agendas and policy overviews, demonstrating the business criticality of the event and the benefits of attending
• Managing preparations for events and assisting speakers on-the-day
• Working closely with and briefing the marketing team to ensure events are a commercial success
• Developing and building relationships with sponsors, public sector stakeholders and other sector speakers and associations
• Generating innovative, commercially successful ideas that will appeal to both practitioners and suppliers
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• A degree in UK politics or a related subject and an in depth knowledge of UK public policy
• A strong interest in current affairs and politics
• The ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines and targets on a weekly basis
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong writing skills and editing skills
• Demonstrable research skills
• An ability to work independently
• A great team player with an ambitious and positive attitude, keen to work in an entrepreneurial business environment
• Previous conference experience is desirable, but not essential
Closing Date: 18 February 2019
Interviews will take place as soon as possible. We are looking for an immediate start where possible.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com explaining why you think you are suitable for the role.