Date Added: 31 January 2019
: 15 February 2019
Job Title: Conference Production Assistant
Working For: Government Events
Salary: £18,000 - £21,000 dependent on experience
Government Events is a specialist event and media services company delivering information and analysis across multiple policy areas. We provide the key information and insights required to understand and engage in the political and public policy environment.
Our tailor-made events facilitate engagement between policy-makers, sector experts, and industry professionals, providing critical updates on the latest developments and delivering empowering strategies to ensure their organisations are at the forefront of the sector.
A Conference Production Assistant is now required to join our dedicated team and become a pivotal member in our further expansion.
This role offers the exciting opportunity to accelerate your career and gain a strong understanding of public sector policies and the wider conference and events industry. It is perfect for driven individuals who are looking to specialise in research, project management, and relationship development with key stakeholders with an interest in public policy and a strong commercial acumen.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Conduct in-depth research and build knowledge on a range of public policy areas
• Produce insightful sector-leading conferences and events, ensuring the highest quality of content, speakers and formats
• Identify and invite industry leaders and experts to speak across a portfolio of events
• Work closely with speakers to maintain relationships and collect all relevant material pre-event
• Meet event deadlines through confirming speakers and collecting presentations
• Oversee on-the-day event running, including speaker liaisons and relationship management
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
• Educated to degree level (preferably in Politics, Public Policy, or a relevant subject)
• Minimum of 6 months experience at a commercial conference/event organisation or working in a political environment
• Strong interest and understanding of government and public sector policy
• Demonstrated excellent written (including copy writing) and oral communication skills
• Excellent organisational and time management skills with ability to multi-task effectively
• Ability to build business relationships at all levels
• Flexible team player, with ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Commercial acumen and an entrepreneurial flair
Closing Date: 15 February 2019
Interviews and Start Date: Immediate
Please submit a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries, please call: 0330 0584 285