Date Added: 31 January 2019
: 15 February 2019
Job Title: Public Affairs and Stakeholder Executive
Working For: Portman Group
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 depending on experiance
The Portman Group is the social responsibility body and a regulator for alcohol producers in the UK. In 2019 we are celebrating our 30th anniversary, we have a lot to be proud of having achieved, and we are also changing to ensure a successful future. An important element of our strategy is the creation of a new position of a Public Affairs and Stakeholder Executive
who will enable the Portman Group to build on its purpose to reduce harmful drinking and ensure that the drinks industry apply the highest standards to their alcohol marketing. We need to hire the best and we hope that this is you.
With a great deal of exposure to the CEO, you will be accountable to the Director of External Affairs for ensuring that PG is fully engaged with Government, Parliament, public health stakeholders and the industry (including existing members, potential members and trade bodies). You will have a flair for engaging with people coupled with the ability to carry out the essential supporting activities to ensure our influence with key stakeholders. Your work will help build the awareness of PG as the social responsibility body for alcohol producers in the UK and help build the membership of the group.
- Manage the political monitoring service and evaluate all regional, UK and EU monitoring to identify opportunity and threats to PG. You will constantly keep in mind the opportunities to valuably engage with audiences and to provide the material to instigate activity.
- Design and implement a proactive Parliamentary engagement strategy to tell the PG story to Parliamentarians and to support the launch of various proactive activities. This will include the writing of letters, internal and external briefing papers; event management of round tables, party conferences and Parliamentary events; and other ad hoc opportunities.
- Maintain the Parliamentary and Government priority map and ensure that relationships are managed and information updated.
- Work with the CEO and Director of External Affairs to build the new member programme from identifying targets, to following through the marketing programme for each of these.
- Undertake research and briefings on political and industry matters.
- Draft correspondence, briefings and speeches to enable the building of strong relationships on behalf of the CEO and Director of External Affairs
Closing Date: 15 February 2019
Please send your CV and a brief cover note explaining why you are interested to Nicola Bates at email@example.com. We hope to start interviewing in February, so please apply sooner rather than later.