Date Added: 31 January 2019
: 28 February 2019
Job Title: Consultant - EU Affairs
Working For: Sovereign Strategy
Sovereign Strategy, a Brussels and London based public affairs consultancy is seeking to appoint a consultant to join its EU public affairs team. The role will be based in Brussels with the possibility to split time between London and Brussels. Candidates should have at least four years’ experience in a consultancy or an interest group working in financial services. The consultant will work closely with senior management of the Brussels office and will play an important role in client relationships on key accounts.
• Monitoring, tracking and analysing EU policy on financial services.
• Developing a detailed knowledge of policy and legislative issues affecting clients and supporting on public affairs campaigns.
• Stakeholder networking and building relationships.
• Drafting briefings for clients and generating content for company website.
• Work as part of a team in pitches and identifying new business opportunities.
Competencies & Skills
• Extensive experience in EU affairs and an excellent understanding of the functioning of EU institutions and legislative procedure is essential.
• Strong knowledge of financial markets (min. four years relevant experience) and of policy issues impacting financial services sector.
• Ability to manage multiple issues and deadlines.
• Excellent spoken and written English. Native or fluent French, German or Dutch is a requirement.
• Ability to work independently and in a team.
• Master’s degree in economics, law or a related field.
The consultancy offers competitive remuneration for this position.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 28 February 2019
Interviews will be held throughout the month of February.
Interested candidates should submit their CV (max 2 pages) and motivation letter (max 1 page) by e-mail to email@example.com. Please use the following title in your e-mail subject: Consultant Application 2019.