Date Added: 1 February 2019
: 14 February 2019
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: Rt Hon Mark Lancaster TD MP (Milton Keynes North)
Salary: Dependent on Experience - In line with IPSA pay scales
Key Duties will include (but are not limited to):
1) To prepare press releases and briefings.
2) To manage and expand the Member's website and online presence and to create social media content.
3) To provide digital support for community engagement projects, events and meetings.
4) To support the office when required on correspondence and administrative duties.
1) Sound judgement and a good understanding of what it means to work in a political environment and of UK Parliamentary procedure.
2) Proven track record of developing and delivering communications.
3) Good written and verbal communication skills.
4) Experience of analysing and interpreting data and presenting it in an easy to understand format; making effective use of ICT where appropriate.
5) Proactive problem solver.
6) A strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritise a demanding workload.
7) Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of the team.
8) Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Experience of graphic design, photography and videography.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 14 February 2019
Interviews will be held during the week commencing 18 February 2019
Interested applicants should email their CV (no longer than two pages) with a one page covering letter, outlining their suitability for the role and relevant experience to email@example.com