Date Added: 1 February 2019
: 22 February 2019
Job Title: Account Executive
Working For: Raitt Orr & Associates
Raitt Orr is a specialised communications agency dealing with developing world issues. Our main areas of interest include human rights, agricultural development, scientific research and higher education. Our work covers public relations, public affairs and event organisation.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive person with a demonstrable interest in international development, human rights and communications to join our team. Previous communications experience at an agency or in-house is desirable.
You must have excellent written communication skills along with the ability to deliver high quality work, often to tight deadlines. You will have the opportunity to support senior colleagues in all areas of work, but will take a central role working with a client in international higher education. Relevant connections with the media in the HE sector are therefore highly desirable.
• Drafting a variety of written material on a range of complex subjects
• identifying and securing media opportunities for clients
• Assisting with special events, functions, conferences, lunches etc.
• Administering and maintaining contact lists
• Monitoring UK Government and parliamentary activity and updating clients accordingly
• Producing media monitoring reports for our clients
• Previous experience working in communications or another field with transferable skills – particularly the ability to write well (Essential)
• Ability to work quickly and accurately in a small office environment (Essential)
• An interest in global development issues, current affairs and the media (Essential)
• A demonstrable interest in public relations and/or international development (Essential)
• Ability to work accurately to a high standard and to manage challenging deadlines (Essential)
• Excellent writing and communication skills (Essential)
• Personable and outgoing (Essential)
• Event organisation and logistics (Desirable)
• Contacts in the media, particularly those dealing with Higher Education (Desirable)
• A sound knowledge of parliament and public affairs (Desirable)
The job will be demanding but also incredibly rewarding as you support our clients to achieve their charitable and non-profit objectives.
Closing Date: 22 February 2019
We will interview strong candidates early and so may appoint before the closing date. Early applications are therefore encouraged. We will look to have the successful candidate in-post as soon as possible.
Please submit a CV and covering letter (one page) outlining your experience and why you are suitable for this role to email@example.com. Please also state in your email the earliest date you are able to take up employment.