Date Added: 4 February 2019
: 10 March 2019
Job Title: Project Officer(s) - women's NGO
Working For: JAN Trust
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000 (pro rated dependant on experience)
1 x full time role
1 x Part time 2-3 full days a week.
JAN Trust is a multi-award winning NGO. Its aim is to empower, educate and empower disadvantaged women. We are at the forefront of this work and are making a real difference to society working to prevent and tackle a range of societal issues.
Purpose of the Role:
You will be responsible for the coordination and organisation of JAN Trust’s projects, services and activities.
This is a broad role and would suit an all-rounder.
• High-level support on various projects including things like overseeing design and production of materials, updating websites etc.
• Assisting the Director and team
• Monitoring parliamentary activity
• Advertising opportunities to work with a variety of stakeholders including schools
• Outreach work and developing relationships with other voluntary sector organisations
• To develop and manage effective relationships with external agencies
• To provide talks/presentations and lead discussions on issues such as extremism and forced marriages
• Developing and delivering presentations to a range of audiences
• Managing social media and increasing our online presence through blogs, online articles etc (writing and uploading these)
• Liaising face to face with users and assisting them with any issues they may have
• Keep up to date with developments and legislation around the key issues such as forced marriages, violence against women, hate crime, Islamophobia, extremism etc
• Researching sensitive issues such as forced marriages, domestic violence, extremism. Assisting with projects/services on these issues.
• Organising and attending events and workshops including liaising with the community, users, politicians, governmental representatives and local authorities
• Assist in fundraising as well as with applications
• Marketing and promoting the organisation both online and at face to face meetings
• Getting involved with press and releases
• Writing articles
• Supervise and capacity build volunteers and interns
• Updating websites
• Flexibility to work late or extra days in the week if required
This is a challenging role and is best suited to someone willing to take on a challenge and the role.
Closing Date: 10 March 2019
Applications to be considered on a rolling basis and hence early application is advised.
Send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com with a reference of PO-W4MP-Feb2019
Your covering letter must state:
1. Whether you are interested in the full time or part time role
2. Why you are applying to JAN Trust
3. What you can bring to JAN Trust
4. What are the barriers/challenges facing BAME and Muslim women in the UK
5. Why you should be considered for the role