Date Added: 4 February 2019
: 18 February 2019
Job Title: Campaigns Organiser
Working For: Union of Jewish Students
We are the voice of over 8,500 Jewish students, spanning over 60 Jewish Societies (J-Socs) on campuses across the UK and Ireland. We are traditional, progressive, cultural and spiritual; we come from the left, centre and right and can be found across religious and political spectrums.
- Spearhead the recruitment, training and development of campaigns activists across the country.
- Represent the Union of Jewish Students (UJS) with key student movement, university, government and communal stakeholders to advance the welfare of Jewish students.
- Develop and deliver a campaigns strategy in conjunction with the UJS President. This campaigns strategy will be shaped by the Campaigns Organiser based on the needs of UJS and its members, informed by the UJS Constitution, active UJS Policy and UJS President’s manifesto and year plan.
- Form and nurture relationships with partners within and connected to the student movement.
- Organise the UJS Sabbatical team and senior student volunteers around a campaigns plan that is clearly articulated and effectively implemented.
- Guide educational content and leadership development across a range of programmes for students in Israel and the Palestinian Territories, working closely with other members of staff.
- Project manage key UJS projects (sometimes in partnership with sabbatical and/or permanent team members); Campaigns Weekend, Interfaith Week, HMD, Bridges not Boycotts and UJS Conference.
- Equip and empower UJS members to play an active role in local and national student activism (such as campus specific campaigns, identity-based spaces, or seeking SU or NUS leadership positions).
- Craft and coordinate public affairs and press materials, such as briefings, statements and articles about campaign related events/incidents, with support from the Communications team.
- Keep the UJS team and key community stakeholders up to date on campus political developments.
- Perform other duties as directed by the UJS President and CEO.
To find our more, please visit our website:https://www.ujs.org.uk/careers
Closing Date: 18 February 2019
Interviews will take place the week of the 25th February. Please note this position is a 1 year role (with the possibility to re-apply), commencing in June 2019.
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter (up to 2 pages) to email@example.com.
For any questions about this role, please contact Natacha Woodcock (Operations Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org