Date Added: 4 February 2019
: 22 February 2019
Job Title: Research Intern
Working For: Centre for Policy Studies
Salary: £5.90 - £7.83p/h (Current minimum wage dependent on age )
The CPS is one of the UK's leading free-market think-tanks, founded in 1974 by Margaret Thatcher and Sir Keith Joseph. The Centre exists to promote the principles of free markets and a free society. It also operates the CapX website, which acts as a platform for the best thinking on politics and economics.
The Centre for Policy Studies Research Internship is available for 6 months. The internship is paid at the minimum wage and travel expenses are available, subject to discussion.
The primary role on the research interns will be to support the Senior and Junior researchers in researching and drafting our regular publications, reports, and pamphlets. Interns can also expect to support the work of the events and fundraising teams, as well as provide support at CPS-hosted events that might take place during the intern’s time with the CPS and provide administrative support where required.
Duties will include:
- Sourcing and analysing data
- Undertaking research into a variety of areas of public policy
- Creating briefing notes for Senior and Junior researchers
- Administrative duties, including answering the telephone, covering the front desk, helping with report mailings, etc as required
- Assisting with the wider work of the CPS
We also encourage interns to develop knowledge in their own areas of interest and interns regularly contribute to the CapX website.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An interest in British politics and policy
- An interest in/understanding of economics
- Experience of quantitative research
- Good communication, writing, and research skills
- A positive attitude and strong attention to detail
- An understanding of and sympathy to free-market economics
Closing Date: 22 February 2019
Shortlisted applicants will be required to complete a short written test prior to interview.
The closing date should be taken as a guide as shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis and we may hire before the deadline if the right candidate is found.
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “RESEARCH INTERNSHIP” in the subject line. Applications should be marked for the attention of Emma Revell.
Due to expected high level of applications we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates.