Date Added: 5 February 2019
: 22 February 2019
Job Title: External Affairs Executive
Working For: The British Retail Consortium
Salary: Competitive base salary, plus attractive benefits package
The External Affairs Executive will provide support in a varied and busy role which will routinely deal with Westminster/Whitehall business and BRC campaign activity, as well as lead the BRC’s priority campaigns on crime and skills. The role will report to the External Affairs Adviser and will support the Corporate Affairs team as required.
The role holder will:
- Support the External Affairs Advisers and other Corporate Affairs staff with parliamentary/campaigns/media/PR work. Provide verbal/written briefing on campaign issues, policy, and delivery issues which may impact on BRC campaigns.
- Help to deliver strategic engagement programmes, which will include preparing political and stakeholder briefs.
- Lead the Corporate Affairs strategy and workstreams for the BRC’s priority campaigns on retail crime and skills.
- Ensure efficient monitoring, analysis and internal dissemination of government and parliamentary information, in order that appropriate internal stakeholders are aware of developments in public policy, and contribute towards strategic advice on better engagement with BRC stakeholders.
- Help formulate and implement the organisation’s response to relevant emerging issues, including undertaking political and issue-led research.
- Provide administration and organisation support with regard to political contact events, to include representing the organisation at such external events to promote the BRC and its members’ priorities.
- Take part in the Corporate Affairs Team on-call rota for out of hours’ member, media and stakeholder contact. This means responding to media, and other calls, during evenings, weekends, bank holidays and when the office is closed for the Christmas and New Year holiday. (Anticipated to be ‘on-call’ no more than an average of one weekend per month)
- Act as a trusted and pro-active Corporate Affairs and BRC team member, supporting team colleagues in driving a culture of continuous improvement.
Full details of the job description which includes the ideal role holder’s skills and experience can be found on our website https://brc.org.uk/about-brc/vacancies
Closing Date: 22 February 2019
First stage interviews will be arranged week commencing 18th February, followed by a second stage interview.
Please send your CV and covering letter, stating your current salary and notice period, to Jenna Coburn, HR Advisor at email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or Jenna Coburn, HR department, BRC, 4th Floor, 2 London Bridge, London, SE1 9RA.
08/02 - Closing date extended.