Date Added: 5 February 2019
: 19 February 2019
Job Title: Governance Co-ordinator
Working For: National Union Of Students
Location: Macclesfield, Cheshire
Who are we?
Part political, part business and part charity - NUS is a third sector membership organisation with a twist!
What’s the job?
We are looking for a highly organised and committed individual to deliver transparent, accessible and effective support and co-ordination of NUS Governance functions to facilitate the smooth running of NUS Democratic functions and Conferences, Boards and meetings. The role holder will also be required to provide Executive support to ensure that the National President and CEO are able to operate with optimal efficiency and are briefed and prepared for all of their working commitments.
The post-holder will coordinate board meetings and committees across the NUS Group governing entities to ensure their effective delivery and co-ordinate and manage contact with stakeholders for the National President and CEO to enable them to operate with optimal efficiency.
We are looking for a dynamic, hardworking and committed individual that prides themselves on high quality work and has excellent attention to detail. You will be highly organised, self-motivated and committed to providing excellent support to senior leaders, Full Time Officers and volunteers.
Who you are
• You’ll be totally at home co-ordinating complex administrative and democratic processes
• You will have excellent communication and excellent interpersonal skills
• Have experience of dealing with highly confidential and sensitive information and adhering to legal requirements
• Experience of working effectively with a range of stakeholders, working with tact and diplomacy
• A Proven track record of working under pressure in fast paced environments
• You will have high level experience and competency in Microsoft office packages and have high levels of digital literacy
• Your personal values will mean you are passionate about student’s leaderships, social campaigning, equality and liberation
Closing Date: 19 February 2019
If you’re successfully shortlisted, we’ll see you at an interview on Friday 1st March 2019.
We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability.
You can be yourself here whoever you are, be proud of the work you do and build a career in a place that knows different is good.