Date Added: 6 February 2019
: 19 February 2019
Job Title: Research Intern
Working For: BritainThinks
Salary: London Living Wage (£10.55/hour)
We are a fast-growing independent insight and strategy consultancy that puts public and stakeholder opinion at the heart of our clients' thinking. Our research methodologies span all qualitative and quantitative techniques, and we have a diverse client base across the private, public and third sectors. We strongly encourage all potential applicants to take a look at our website for more information about who we are and what we do, including some previous report.
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and hard-working intern to join our team. The chosen candidate will be primarily responsible for providing logistical and analytical support on research projects, as well as providing administrative support in the office.
Interns at BritainThinks gain exposure to all elements of our work, including seeing focus groups and workshops in action, and feeding in to the brainstorming and analysis process. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to embark on a career in social and market research or in communications.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
• Have strong communication skills, on paper, in person and on the phone
• Have an excellent academic record
• Be organised and able to multi-task
• Have graduated or completed postgraduate studies in the past two years
• Be able to use MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel to a high degree of proficiency
• Be able and willing to work full-time and some evenings or early mornings
• Have permission to work in the UK at the time of starting the employment
Ideally you would also have some previous theoretical or practical exposure to qualitative or quantitative research methodologies (e.g. through academic studies or work experience).
Closing Date: 19 February 2019
The application deadline is 9am.
We will be conducting interviews on 25th and 26th February. We will inform candidates shortlisted for an interview by the end of the day on 21st February.
Start date: Monday 4th March (but with some flexibility if necessary)
Please send the following to Hettie Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org:
A one page covering letter, which clearly sets out:
- Why you are applying for an internship at BritainThinks
- Why you believe you are right for the role
- Any previous relevant experience you have in managing a project or conducting research
- Your CV (maximum 2 sides of A4)
Please send both your CV and covering letter together in one attachment with your full name as the filename.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept applications from individuals who have come in for an interview previously.