Date Added: 6 February 2019
: 18 February 2019
Job Title: Social Media Officer
Working For: Labour for a People's Vote
Salary: £24,000 pro-rata
Labour for a People's Vote are looking for an enthusiastic Social Media Officer to join our small but ambitious grass-roots campaigning team. This is an exciting time to be campaigning in UK politics, and this is your opportunity to be a part of the effort to stop a Tory Brexit.
Based in the London office, you will play a key role in building awareness of our organisation and amplifying our unique pro-Labour Party, pro-public vote with the option to remain campaign message. You will use your knowledge, skills and experience in social media to reach and influence our key audience of Labour Party members, voters, supporters and elected representatives. This role would suit applicants who are able to work with some degree of flexibility.
- Managing and producing proactive and reactive content for Labour for a People's Vote's social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Drafting and uploading blog posts for the Labour for a People's Vote website and on occassion third party websites
- Engaging existing stakeholder audiences and developing new ones
- Liaising with Labour for a People's Vote's regional organisers and other London office staff to source original content
- Assisting the Communications Manager and Director in other communications tasks where necessary
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of using the main social media channels in a professional context
- An understanding of how to use communication channels strategically as part of a communications plan
- Good written and multi-media communication skills
- Some demonstrable experience of working in / with the UK Labour Party
- Some demonstrable experience of working in a team with regional / remote colleagues
Closing Date: 18 February 2019
Interviews will be held from the week commencing Monday 18th February 2019 onwards. The successful candidate will start as soon as possible.
Please submit a CV and a covering letter of no more than two sides which sets out your suitability for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions please contact John Barlow (Communications Manager) at email@example.com