Date Added: 22 February 2019
: 19 April 2019
Job Title: Bid Writer
Working For: G4S
G4S is the world's leading global, integrated security company specialising in the delivery of security and related services across six continents.
Working for a company with such a unique global footprint is a truly great opportunity to build upon your already well-honed skills and to better understand and learn from the challenges of communicating and engaging with a diverse workforce. You will be joining the Major Bids Team, which is responsible for managing strategic and high value bids for the UK and Ireland and you will be contributing to some of the largest and most challenging public and private sector projects in the UK. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and highly successful team.
Reporting into the Bid Director, your main focus will be to work with team members and key stakeholders to develop written material for bid and tender submissions ensuring it meets both customer specifications and company standards. You will work closely with operations and central support services to co-ordinate and review bid response content, contributing to operational and commercial modelling.
- Write, review and edit bidding material, ensuring consistency of message and conformance to customer specification.
- Contribute to bid research - client, competition and market.
- Ensure win themes are reflected in bid responses and maximise potential to achieve highest possible quality scores.
- Ensure operationally viable, creative solutions that reflect best practice and value for money are clearly explained.
- Liaise with senior level managers across the business and communicate with subject matter experts and stakeholders, ensuring bid content is accurate and timely.
- Manage all documentation and processes in line with company policies and standards.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Can demonstrate a passion for writing and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate information technically and creatively
- Be qualified to degree level
- Be methodical, analytical and organised
- Be proactive, self-motivated and have an excellent team working approach
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills with a high degree of commercial awareness
- Knowledge of various IT packages including Microsoft Office
- Demonstrable relevant experience in a similar role.
Closing Date: 19 April 2019
Rolling interview process, start date 3-4 weeks from job offer.
We will appoint the right candidate if found before the closing date.
Please follow the link below which will direct you to our website.