Date Added: 28 February 2019
: 28 April 2019
Job Title: Researcher, Westminster Energy, Environment & Transport Forum
Working For: Westminster Forum Projects
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Help produce conferences on key policy issues in energy, the environment and transport that help move forward thinking for legislators, government and stakeholders.
Policy areas where the Forum is currently organising conferences include environment issues, infrastructure, energy, and aviation. Please see our website for further details on the programme.
• Constructive, inclusive, challenging and strictly impartial; and
• Important occasions for policymakers in government, parliament and assemblies, as well as businesses, charity and action groups, professional organisations, academics, and others that are interested in or affected by the issues.
• Highly demanding but very rewarding - in a company that is commercially focused and expanding, but with a strong ethical heart;
• Part of a small team working on all aspects of event production;
• Following latest policy developments and news from the sector - and researching issues, possible speakers and contacts;
• Drafting agendas and promotional text for the seminars;
• Liaising with speakers and chairs; and
• Attending and contributing to the smooth operation of our seminars and receptions.
What we are looking for:
• Quick learners who can hit the ground running;
• Some solid work experience - in policy, conference production, journalism, public affairs or similar fields;
• Bright graduates with exceptional aptitude and professional outlook will also be considered;
• Practical focus and passionate about helping achieve our mission of providing policy makers with the context to make best decisions;
• Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills - and quick to learn;
• Ability to assimilate information quickly, identify key issues from a range of stakeholder viewpoints (in line with our core proposition of impartiality); and
• Clear, stylish accurate writing is essential.
There's a high degree of fast-paced multi-tasking but support from senior editorial staff and the rest of the 85-strong team is always on hand.
Closing Date: 28 April 2019
To apply please email your CV and covering letter indicating current salary and why you believe you would be suitable for the role to HR Officer at email@example.com