Date Added: 1 March 2019
: 8 March 2019
Job Title: Senior Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Dr Sarah Wollaston MP (Totnes)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales but negotiable on experience.
- Opening and dispatching mail
- Westminster Diary Management
- Attending meetings as appropriate
- Assisting with administrative arrangements for events
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with GDPR
- Record keeping and correspondence drafting
- Liaise with suppliers concerning office supplies
- Manage calls and enquiries
- Undertake research and compile briefs for parliamentary work
- Provide general admin and secretarial support
- Deal with national media enquiries
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant legislation, Hansard, debates etc
- Liaise with select committee staff as needed
- Supervise and arrange work experience visits
- Provide occasional secretarial support to special interest groups as required
- Analyse evaluate and interpret data to ensure the MP is informed on key issues
- Liaise with constituency staff about MPs parliamentary work
- Ensure MPs is briefed on potential questions and motions to be put to the house
- Background liaison on policy matters
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confident interacting with people at all levels.
- Able to prioritise a demanding workload to meet deadlines and an eye for detail.
- Able to deal with issues in a confidential manner.
- Able to work effectively in a small team.
- Competent use of IT
- Experience of working and dealing with the general public.
- Previous experience in an MP's office is needed
- Awareness and understanding of current political issues.
- Sympathetic to the aims and objectives of The Independent Group
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 8 March 2019
CV and a covering letter
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
04/03 - 'Senior' added to Job Title.