Date Added: 15 March 2019
: 26 March 2019
Job Title: Secretary/Diary Manager
Working For: Pauline Latham OBE MP (Mid Derbyshire)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Pauline Latham OBE MP is looking for a Secretary/Diary Manager to join her busy staff team in her Westminster office. The successful candidate should ideally have previous experience of working in Parliament or in a similar role.
- Managing and coordinating the Member’s Westminster diary and arranging meetings as necessary
- Drafting Parliamentary questions for the Member
- To arrange and undertake secretarial duties for APPGs as necessary
- Receiving visitors on behalf of the Member
- Arranging and undertaking tours of Parliament for schools and visitors
- Arranging travel for overseas visits
- Arranging and assisting with events in Parliament
- Drafting written correspondence on a range of issues
- Providing administrative support in relation to the Member’s expenses
- Communicating effectively with both internal and external contacts
- All general administrative tasks eg. opening post, filing, record-keeping, photocopying
- Supervising the work of interns/work placement students
- Any other duties commensurate with the post and required by the Member
• 12 months' experience working in Parliament as a secretary or in a similar role is desirable although not essential
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to communicate with a range of people including senior officials and stakeholders
• Ability to work independently, prioritise a heavy workload, work under pressure in addition to working well as part of a team
• Educated to degree level/Equivalent or relevant qualifications for the role
• Competent use of a range of IT packages.
• A knowledge of Mid-Derbyshire would be advantageous.
• Sensitive to the work of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 26 March 2019
Interviews: Thursday 4th April
Start date as soon as possible after interview.
To apply for this position, please write a covering letter detailing your experience and why you would like this job, together with a curriculum vitae, and email to: Pauline.email@example.com.
Only successful candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted