Date Added: 15 March 2019
: 29 March 2019
Job Title: Constituency Caseworker
Working For: Andrea Jenkyns MP (Morley and Outwood)
Location: Morley, Leeds
Salary: circa £19,700
Responsibilities will include
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
- Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
- Draft responses to constituents
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
- Establish a social media presence in the constituency and publicise surgeries etc.
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Excellent communication skills, including written skills and competence on Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook Excel).
- Experience of leadership within the office of an MP, MEP or similar public figure is desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of legislation and guidelines relevant to constituency casework.
- The ability to work within a team, on own initiative and to tight deadlines.
- The ability to work flexibly and juggle a range of tasks.
- The ability to demonstrate sensitivity and ensure that the highest standards of confidentiality are upheld.
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 29 March 2019
We may interview and appoint before the closing date if the right candidate applies.
Please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com by the closing date with the subject line 'Caseworker'.
A short written task will be required to be undertaken by those who make the shortlist.
For further information, please contact Alex Lancaster, Office Manager, on tel: 0207 219 5798.
26 March 2019: Ad taken down early as job filled