Date Added: 17 March 2019
: 26 April 2019
Job Title: Chief of Staff
Working For: Andrew Bowie MP (West Aberdeenshire and Kincardine)
Location: Constituency Office, Banchory
Salary: In line with IPSA guidelines
A motivated, well-organised and hard-working individual is sought to manage Andrew Bowie’s constituency office.
The ideal candidate will be motivated, have excellent management and interpersonal skills as well as being highly organised. They must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and manage operations in the constituency as well as Westminster.
• Ensure a range of efficient secretarial and administrative support
• Ensure the office is fully equipped
• Liaise with groups/personnel at Westminster, within the constituency and the general public on the Member's behalf as necessary
• Manage secretarial support to special interest groups as required
• Manage the office team, ensuring accurate personnel records are kept and notifying IPSA of contractual changes as necessary
• Overall management of the Member's diary commitments, delegating tasks to others as appropriate
• Responsibility for managing all aspects of the budget, keeping the Member informed of all relevant financial matters
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• High degree of personal and political sensitivity and diplomacy
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to deal with a large volume of work
• Ability to use one’s initiative
• Competent use of IT including Microsoft Office
The ideal candidate will be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Previous Parliamentary/Political experience is essential.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 26 April 2019
Interviews will be conducted in May, and the successful candidate will be expected to start on the 3rd of June.
To apply for this position, please write a covering letter detailing your experience and why you would like this job, together with a curriculum vitae, and email to: Gregor.Ironside@parliament.uk