Date Added: 18 March 2019
: 25 March 2019
Job Title: Senior Press Officers x 2
Working For: The Independent Group
Salary: £40,000-£45,000 per annum pro rata (Initially 3 month contract)
Length of Contract:
The Independent Group is looking for two Senior Press Officers to join its team to cover broadcast, and print and online media.
The Independent Group is not a political party – yet – so at this point, contracts will be on an initial three month basis.
We are looking for press officers with an interest in current affairs, preferably with experience of working in a political environment or related field. Most importantly, though, we are looking for people who share our values and want to come and help us change politics for the better.
Working to the Head of Communications, the Senior Press Officers will lead the co-ordination of the group’s press activity in their area.
When applying please state whether the application is for the Senior Press Officer (Broadcast) or Senior Press Officer (Print & Online).
Experience and knowledge:
- Press office experience in a political environment or similar, with proven background in both proactive and reactive comms.
- Acting as the first point of contact for press enquiries and arranging media appearances.
- Building good relationships with broadcast, print and online media.
- Excellent writing skills with experience of writing press statements, articles and social media content.
- Ability to effectively monitor and assess a fast-moving media environment and ensure the Independent Group’s communications are professional, delivered well, are in keeping with the Group’s values, and are clear and effective.
- Ability to devise and implement a national and regional communications strategy across broadcast and print media.
- Ability to brief senior figures effectively in preparation for media appearances.
- An interest in and knowledge of current affairs and the political environment.
The full job description is available at https://www.theindependent.group/work-with-us/senior-press-officers.
Closing Date: 25 March 2019
The closing time for applications is 5pm
Please apply with a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.