Date Added: 18 March 2019
: 15 April 2019
Job Title: Fundraising Officer - Grants & Major Gifts
Working For: Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND)
Salary: £34,147 pa pro rata, 17.5-hour week, 12 month contract
Do you have experience securing grants and major gifts to help fund change? Are you passionate about creating a safer world for future generations? Do you want to take the next step in your fundraising career yet retain a good work-life balance?
The Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament is recruiting for a part-time Fundraising Officer focusing on Grants and Major Gifts to join our friendly team. This is a pivotal role in the organisation, responsible for the development and implementation of our grant fundraising strategy and our major gifts strategy.
You’ll have good knowledge of trust fundraising, cultivating major donors and be enthusiastic about writing fundraising strategy. You will have demonstrable experience in most of the following: trust funding, major donor relationship cultivation, legacy administration and promotion, relational databases (preferably Raiser’s Edge), and digital communications.
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of CND
- Experience of Trust funding
- Experience of high value donor management.
- Ability to plan strategically, set achievable goals and be flexible in a changing working environment
- Experience of data management and evidence based supporter targeting in fundraising activities, ideally in the voluntary sector
- Experience of using relational databases (preferably Raisers Edge) and Excel spreadsheets
- Excellent organisational abilities, ideally evident in a campaigning environment
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience of legacy administration and promotion.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of working to and meeting tight deadlines, taking initiative, prioritising.
- Commitment to an equal opportunities policy
- Working knowledge of GDPR and data protection legislation
- Experience of working in a membership department or customer relations
- A clean driving licence
The role is conveniently based at our office on Holloway Road. The position is temporary, with the contract forecast to last 12 months and subject to a 3-month probationary period. The successful candidate will be entitled to 28 days pro rata of holiday and a contributory pension scheme.
Closing Date: 15 April 2019
Interviews are planned to be held on 24th April 2019, with the successful candidate starting as soon as possible.
Please download and complete the application form from https://cnduk.org/about/jobs/, where you can also find a full job description. Please return your completed application to email@example.com
For an informal chat about the position please telephone CND Treasurer Linda Hugl on 07802 412-348 or email firstname.lastname@example.org