Date Added: 18 March 2019
: 18 April 2019
Job Title: Corporate Membership Manager (Maternity Cover)
Working For: Royal United Services Institute
Salary: £32,000 - £37,000 per year full-time
The Royal United Services Institute (RUSI) is the world’s oldest independent defence and security think tank. RUSI is a research-led institute, producing independent, practical and innovative analysis to address today’s complex challenges.
RUSI has charity status and has a membership of which an important part is its Corporate Members. Corporate Membership is open to all organisations concerned with defence and security matters, and can be tailored to meet the business interests of both public and private sectors.
The Corporate Membership Manager will be appointed on a fixed term contract for maternity cover to assist in achieving these objectives in the following ways:
• receiving and processing applications of companies for corporate membership across the range of corporate membership categories. This includes setting new members up on the Institute’s database and ensuring that company corporate members have access to all the Institute’s membership services covered by their subscription eg website access.
• arranging briefings and other meetings between company corporate members and RUSI research staff.
• maintaining a detailed knowledge of the Institute’s company corporate members, their interests and concerns, their businesses, key personnel, RUSI contacts and so on. Being able to share this information with other RUSI staff, either informally or, where appropriate, in the form of briefing notes for senior management.
• researching organisations online or by other methods to identify potential new members.
• contacting potential company members to establish rapport and set up meetings.
• acting as a first point of contact at RUSI for the Institute’s company corporate members and helping to put them in touch with whosoever at the Institute can help them with queries or requests. Always looking for ways to “add value” to the Institute’s corporate membership by improving the members’ experience of RUSI.
• contacting clients to inform them about new developments in the Institute’s services.
• managing ongoing company corporate membership requirements including renewals, chasing renewals, and direct debit administration.
• updating members and potential members on the database.
• Event/project management of certain corporate member related events
Closing Date: 18 April 2019
Interviews will be held in the work week commencing 23 April. Strong candidates may be interviewed sooner. We are looking for a candidate that can start very soon after the closing date.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter stating why you consider that you are suitable for the role to Michael Codner, Director of Personnel Services, at MichaelC@rusi.org. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview. Cite the reference RUSI-CMM. All applications will be acknowledged.