Date Added: 19 March 2019
: 15 April 2019
Job Title: Communications Manager
Working For: CDP
Salary: £33,000 - £38,000 per annum
CDP is looking for a full-time Communications Manager to be based in our London headquarters, reporting to the Senior Communications Manager.
We are looking for a results-oriented self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work autonomously as well as part of a wider global team.
The successful candidate will lead, develop and implement integrated multi-channel global communications strategies and plans in line with CDP’s strategic plan.
• Implement a proactive multi-channel communications strategy across target regions globally;
• Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of communications plans for specific programs of activity for target markets;
• Maximize media coverage of CDP through compelling news stories and thought leadership;
• Develop creative content in line with our content strategy and plan, for media articles, blogs, social media, marketing collateral, etc, working closely with the content team;
• Engage target audiences and raise CDP’s profile via our online and offline channels;
• Build relationships and manage global coordination with CDP offices and external partners;
• Manage monitoring, analysis and reporting to stakeholders both internally and externally;
• Champion CDP’s brand and strategic market positioning to key stakeholders
Required skills and experience:
• At least the equivalent of 5 years of relevant experience in communications, PR or journalism;
• Strong experience of developing multi-channel communications plans;
• Demonstrable knowledge of international media, including business, trade and environment media;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and nurture relationships both internally and externally, including complex multi-stakeholder relationships;
• Lots of creative ideas for impactful communications in a complex and competitive global media landscape;
• Strong analytical mind with the ability to turn complex information into compelling stories and content;
• Strong copy-writing and editing skills;
• Extensive experience in promoting content on a wide range of digital and traditional platforms;
• Solid and demonstrable experience and interest in social media;
• An understanding of and desire to work proactively to promote corporate sustainability
Closing Date: 15 April 2019
First round interviews will be held the week commencing 22 April. Second round interviews will be held the week commencing 29 April. The role will be offered on a fixed-term contract to 1 March 2021.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages, to email@example.com with ‘Communications Manager’ in the subject.