Date Added: 20 March 2019
: 30 April 2019
Job Title: Intern, Government & Regulatory Affairs Team
Working For: UK Finance
Salary: £18,600 per annum plus daily travel expenses and holiday pay
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to support our Government & Regulatory Affairs team. The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
• An interest in UK politics and policy.
• Strong personal time-management and organisation skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Accuracy and close attention to detail.
• Good research capabilities.
• Good writing and verbal-communication skills.
• An ability to operate effectively and collaboratively as part of a team.
This is an ideal opportunity for a bright individual with an interest in financial services who is looking to break into the world of public affairs.
• Responsible for monitoring parliamentary business and keeping the GRA team up to date with the latest political developments.
• Helping support the work of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Wholesale Financial Markets and Services for which UK Finance acts as secretariat.
• Monitor, and draft summaries of, relevant parliamentary sessions, including select committees and debates in both the Commons and the Lords.
• Support colleagues across the organisation in their work through providing background information, biographies, online research of documents and papers in relation to UK public officials, policy makers and other relevant stakeholders.
• Support the planning of parliamentary events and engagement activity.
• Review publications, copy writing and editing.
• Undertake administrative tasks as needed.
Closing Date: 30 April 2019
Urgent requirement ASAP start. Appointment may be made before closing date.
Please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org