Date Added: 25 March 2019
: 15 April 2019
Job Title: Legal Advisor, Local Government Conduct
Working For: Steel & Shamash
Salary: From £28,000 according to experience
We are looking for an enthusiastic Advisor to join our successful Civil Litigation Department which deals with election law, local councillors, parliamentary conduct matters and other regulatory areas in the political world.
You will be working closely with a senior solicitor and will be trained in this niche area of law with a particular emphasis on local government. The wide variety of work is always against a political background.
- An ability to communicate clearly and demonstrate an understanding of the wider political picture.
- The ability to manage a challenging portfolio of cases and to prioritise record keeping as necessary.
- An ability to organise your own work load and work to strict deadlines.
- Experience of advocacy and/or general litigation would be advantageous.
- A keen interest and ability to research a wide variety of legal issues which arise on a daily basis whilst providing a telephone advisory service to all clients.
- An interest in local and national politics will be a distinct advantage for the successful candidate.
Closing Date: 15 April 2019
Start date: as soon as possible.
Please contact the Practice Manager for a Recruitment Pack by email at firstname.lastname@example.org