Date Added: 25 March 2019
: 22 April 2019
Job Title: Director of Research
Working For: Demos
Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 (dependent on experience)
Our new Research Director will design and lead our core research programme, working collaboratively with the Chief Executive, the Director of CASM (our tech hub), the Director of Major Projects (leading our practical research initiatives in local areas around the UK), and the External Affairs Director, who leads our events programme and communications.
The research programme will be consistent with our theory of change: prioritising citizen engagement in our research methods, and ensuring the impact of our work and ideas through influencing and engagement.
In your application, try to show us that you can demonstrate a majority of the attributes below:
- Able to conduct and supervise high quality, mixed-methods research, and develop effective, creative public policy proposals
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team, including providing quality assurance across a range of qualitative and quantitative research techniques
- Enthusiasm for designing and implementing methods of citizen engagement in public policy making, such as deliberative democracy, citizen assemblies, focus groups and interviews
- A strong and demonstrable record in fundraising or business development
- Ability to write, and train others to write, funding applications and project proposals
- Ability to secure influence and/or political impact
- A network of contacts in business, public sector and government
- Excellent public speaking and advocacy skills
- Experience at a management level within a comparable organisation or division
- Ability to run projects on time and on budget
- Ability to supervise compliance with diverse funder requirements across the charitable and commercial sectors
- A strong interest in the UK policy and political environment, keeping abreast of the latest policy developments and issues
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and keep multiple projects and objectives on track
- Leadership skills in managing and motivating a diverse team
- Creative and ambitious for making things better: both within the charity and in the UK
Demos welcomes colleagues from across the political spectrum, and you will be comfortable working with and discussing ideas with those who may disagree with you.
Closing Date: 22 April 2019
Job closes: 8am
Interviews: w/c 29 April
Second interviews if needed: w/c 6 May
Please send a cv and a covering letter to email@example.com. These documents should be attached to the email, formatted as pdfs, with filenames as set out below:
Candidate Name - Research Director - CV
Candidate Name - Research Director - Covering Letter
In your covering letter, please set out what your ambitions would be for Demos, if appointed, as well as your qualifications for this post.