Date Added: 26 March 2019
: 19 April 2019
Job Title: Senior Public Affairs Officer
Working For: a client of VMA Group
Salary: circa £38,000
Large healthcare professional regulator requires a Senior Public Affairs Officer to join its growing team.
Reporting to the Public Affairs Manager, the Senior Public Affairs officer will work on national level engagement issues such as education, standards and continuing fitness to practice, helping to establish the regulator as a leading voice in the health and care sector.
You will develop new and existing relationships with key stakeholders, monitoring political output and attending networking events. You will also line manage one junior member of staff.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with political stakeholders in order to facilitate their understanding of, and contribution to, the work of the regulator
• Develop influencing plans using knowledge of parliamentary and political process to further the organisation’s strategic objectives
• Proactively provide intelligence on upcoming legislation and political developments from across the UK, including advice and alerts on regulatory and health matters, liaising with the policy and research teams as needed.
• Produce high quality briefing material and presentations to senior management for use in stakeholder interactions.
• Lead projects with support from the Public Affairs Manager, such as party conferences and other key events
• Support the development of high quality records of interaction with key contacts and ensure summaries of contact are provided to support engagement
• Attend a variety of public affairs, patient engagement and health and care sector events to broaden stakeholder engagement and support collaboration where appropriate
• Line management of the Public Affairs Officer
Closing Date: 19 April 2019
Interviews will take place as soon as possible, and an appointment may be made ahead of the closing date in the event a suitable candidate is found.
Please send your CV to email@example.com referencing DM 914111