Date Added: 26 March 2019
: 23 April 2019
Job Title: Chief Executive
Working For: Green Party of England & Wales
Salary: £66,863 – £75,298 (points 60-66 on the GPEW salary scale)
The Chief Executive (CE) is responsible for the organisational leadership of GPEW and driving its strategic direction and radical political vision for a life based on democracy and social justice.
They will deliver efficient management and administration, and are accountable to GPEW’s board, the Green Party Executive (GPEx), and its administration and finance sub-committees to ensure transparency, accountability and good governance.
Our dynamic and passionate CE will have experience working as a Director and/or leading an NGO, political or comparable organisation, embracing the vision and potential of GPEW, learn from and apply tactics derived from similar radical organisations internationally and drive us to the next stage of political success.
- Successful track record in management at Senior Executive level in with the non-government, commercial or public sector
- Working directly with or in an actively political environment
- Developing strategic financial and business plans
- Managing organisational change
- Managing across a range of organisational functions, including but not limited to operations, marketing, finance, human resources, IT, campaigning, media, fundraising and investigations
Skills & abilities
- Leading and inspiring others, bringing together passionate individuals with strong personal commitments
- Sound analytical and judgement skills, and an ability to identify problems, assess options and make timely decisions
- Development of courageous, bold and visionary objectives informed by long-term strategic plans
- Undertaking work with a range of stakeholders with competing interests and priorities to encourage a shared understanding
- Translating strategic plans and visions into reality, ensuring effective delivery and performance
- Relating to and engaging with people from a range of backgrounds, cultures and viewpoints
- Forming and communicating coherent and persuasive arguments, ensuring effective negotiation
- Flexibility and ability to manage rapidly changing situations decisively and effectively
- Willingness to work where required anti-social hours including evenings, weekends, and periods away from home.
- Working effectively in a team environment
For more information and details on how to apply, please see the full Job Description & Person Specification.
Closing Date: 23 April 2019
Iinterviews to be held the week commencing 14 May 2019 in London. Start date will be contingent on the successful candidate, and factors such as notice periods etc.
Applications to be submitted by midnight on 23 April 2019 - please email your completed application form (found on www.greenparty.org.uk/jobs ) to firstname.lastname@example.org