Date Added: 28 March 2019
: 28 April 2019
Job Title: Caseworker / Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Anne Main MP (St Albans)
Salary: Within London IPSA payscales and dependent on experience
Anne is looking to appoint a full-time caseworker/parliamentary assistant on a permanent contract, to assist within a busy team environment.
The successful applicant will have a strong work ethic, be highly motivated, reliable and at ease working as part of a team and within the team structure. He/she will be able to manage a large workload, demonstrating a willingness and skill to undertake a variety of tasks including helping with constituency casework and policy queries.
The role will be to support the duties of the Senior Parliamentary Assistant and the Caseworker.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Dealing with all types of correspondence including diary invites
• Assisting with casework
• Supporting the team with constituency issues
• Handling telephone enquiries
• Providing briefings on a variety of topics
• Maintaining confidentiality and working in accordance with data protection laws
The following skills are essential:
• The ability to organise with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• An excellent knowledge of word processing, Outlook and the internet
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Good academic record
• Sound knowledge of the issues handled by a Member of Parliament
• Good telephone manner
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 28 April 2019
Ideally the candidate will be available to start as soon as possible.
Where suitable applications are received before the closing date, they will be considered as they are received and an appointment may be made before the closing date.
Please send your CV and a one page covering letter outlining your relevant experience and suitability for the role to email@example.com