Date Added: 29 March 2019
: 15 April 2019
Job Title: Persian-speaking Paid Intern
Working For: PEN International
Salary: £13 an hour, for 14 hours a week
PEN International is seeking a Persian-speaking intern to join the International Writers at Risk Protection team for 2 days a week for 3 months, to start as soon as possible.
The focus of the work will be on supporting the Writers at Risk Protection team with work related to requests for protection from Persian speaking writers, journalists and artists.
• Translate documents from Persian to English (and vice-versa)
• Desk research on matters of freedom of expression in Iran and other Persian-speaking countries
• Provide administrative support to the team
• On occasions, the postholder may be asked to carry out other tasks or assist other teams within PEN International.
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Good working knowledge of Persian language
• Experience of office/clerical work
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Demonstrable experience and interest in undertaking research and analysis
• Knowledge of the human rights situation in Persian speaking countries
• Proven interest and knowledge of human rights and interest in freedom of expression
• Willingness to work on own initiative as well as in a team
• Must have the right to work in the UK.
Closing Date: 15 April 2019
Interviews will be held on 18-19 April, with a start date as soon as possible.
To apply, please email your CV and a brief letter (maximum 1 page) outlining your reasons for applying and skills you can bring to the position, to email@example.com.