Date Added: 2 April 2019
: 19 April 2019
Job Title: Secretary & Caseworker
Working For: The Rt Hon Nick Herbert CBE MP (Arundel & South Downs)
Salary: In line with IPSA guidelines
Nick is looking for a reliable, detail-oriented, hard-working, and personable Secretary & Caseworker. As well as managing Nick’s parliamentary correspondence and diary, the successful candidate will provide information, advice, and support to constituents on a variety of issues and liaise with government agencies, the voluntary sector, and others to help resolve matters for constituents.
- Responding to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents
- Managing and progressing casework appropriately
- Responding to a variety of national policy enquiries and individual casework issues
- Analysing, evaluating and interpreting data to ensure that Nick is accurately informed on key issues and is aware of trends
- Ensuring that all cases are logged, monitoring progress, and ensuring that all identified actions are taken
- Ensuring records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Managing the office's contacts database
- Managing Nick's diary and invitations
- Must possess excellent written communication skills and an attention to detail
- Have a sympathetic and professional telephone manner
- Have good interpersonal, time management, and organisational skills
- Be able to work independently as well as part of a team and take on ad hoc tasks
- Have strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office and case management software.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 19 April 2019
Interviews: 23-25 April 2019
Start date: 29 April 2019 or as soon as possible.
Please e-mail your CV and a short covering letter outlining your experience and suitability for the role to Nick's Chief of Staff, Christopher N Howarth, at firstname.lastname@example.org.