Date Added: 2 April 2019
: 28 April 2019
Job Title: Communications Executive
Working For: The Climate Group
Salary: £23,000 per annum or more
The Climate Group is looking for a talented and ambitious communications professional to join our integrated communications team.
The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to play a critical role in driving the communications for the Under2 Coalition, for which The Climate Group acts as the Secretariat. This is an entry level position in our communications team which requires some past work experience. The role reports into the Communications Manager for the Under2 Coalition.
We are looking for a talented and ambitious communications professional to join our growing team. As an adaptable self-starter, you will be proactive, take initiative and seek feedback from colleagues to ensure continuous improvement in everything you work on. You will have a passion for storytelling, a flair for copywriting and excellent written English skills, as well as a natural ability to simplify complex information. You will be able to thrive in an evolving landscape and keen to gain valuable experience in a fast-paced environment working with colleagues in the UK and internationally across different projects.
- Excellent written English language and proofreading skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrable experience of working with a communications team or press office
- Experience of managing social media platforms, editing/building website pages/content and e-newsletter software
- Excellent ability to learn, process and build-up knowledge and expertise on communicating technical issues related to government, energy and transition to a zero-carbon economy
- Experience of handling media and being part of a wider effort to raise an organisation’s profile
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a good team player, able to work independently and effectively with others
- Proactive, innovative, solutions-focused approach and ability to prioritize actions
- Technical command over MS Office (Excel, Word, PPT etc)
- Experience working for or with state or regional level governments
- Degree in communications/business/economics/environment/politics or other
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign/Photoshop
- Experience with Final Cut Pro and/or Adobe Suite (editing)
- Experience of working or volunteering internationally
- Ability to communicate in languages other than English
Closing Date: 28 April 2019
Please apply at https://theclimategroup.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=49d7f4a7-a56e-45e1-9553-69794356e7f2
Should you require further information or an informal discussion, please contact Emma Fisher, Communications Manager at EFisher@theclimategroup.org.
Applications for the position should come in the form of a CV and cover letter.