Date Added: 4 April 2019
: 19 April 2019
Job Title: Conference Production Assistant
Working For: Government Events
Salary: £18,000 - £21,000 dependent on experience
Government Events is a specialist event and media services company delivering information and analysis across multiple policy areas. We provide the key information and insights required to understand, navigate and engage in the political and public policy environment within Westminster.
Our tailor-made events facilitate engagement between policy-makers, sector experts, and industry professionals, providing critical updates on the latest developments and delivering empowering strategies to ensure their organisations are at the forefront of the sector.
A Conference Production Assistant is now required to join our dedicated team and become a pivotal member in our further expansion.
This role offers the exciting opportunity to accelerate your career and gain a strong understanding of public sector policies and the wider conference and events industry. It is perfect for driven individuals who are looking to specialise in research, project management, and relationship development with key stakeholders with an interest in public and social policy.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Conduct in-depth research and build knowledge on a range of public policy areas
• Produce insightful sector-leading conferences and events
• Identify and invite industry leaders and experts to speak across a portfolio of events
• Work closely with speakers to maintain relationships and collect all relevant material pre-event
• Generate and pitch new event ideas
• Meet event deadlines through confirming speakers and collecting presentations
• Oversee on-the-day event running, including speaker liaisons and relationship management
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
• Educated to degree level (preferably in Politics, Public Policy, or a relevant subject)
• Minimum of 6 months experience at a commercial conference/event organisation or working in a political environment
• Strong interest and/or understanding of government and public sector policy
• Demonstrated excellent written (including copy writing) and oral communication skills
• Excellent organisational and time management skills with ability to multi-task effectively
• Ability to build business relationships at all levels
• Flexible team player, with ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
• Commercial acumen and an entrepreneurial flair
Closing Date: 19 April 2019
Interviews will take place as soon as possible.
Please send a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
If you have any queries, please call: 0330 0584 285