Date Added: 4 April 2019
: 26 April 2019
Job Title: Policy Advisor
Working For: Business Services Association (BSA)
Salary: circa £25,000 per annum
The Business Services Association is a policy and research organisation. It brings together all those who are interested in delivering efficient, flexible and cost-effective service and infrastructure projects across the private and public sectors.
We are a growing organisation and are looking to recruit a Policy Advisor to contribute to our expanding policy programme.
Responsibilities will include:
- Acting as secretariat to a number of BSA committees, including setting agendas, writing committee papers, administering attendance and responding to inquiries.
- Developing policy position papers and submitting evidence to government consultations.
- Conducting original research, analysing data, interviewing stakeholders and assisting with the commissioning of external research.
- Liaising closely with BSA members and developing relationships with interested parties.
- Representing the BSA at third party conferences and events.
- Assisting in administrative and wider duties as part of the small BSA team, including morning media monitoring.
- Proven experience of developing policy, ideally with expertise in public service management or corporate policy.
- Understanding of the parliamentary process.
- Proven ability to show initiative, and the flexibility to tackle a wide range of issues and new challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and administrative skills, together with a flexible can-do attitude and willingness to learn from, and work with, a small and busy team.
Closing Date: 26 April 2019
To start as soon as possible.
Interviews will be arranged with individual candidates.
Please send a CV and covering letter to Melanie Maxwell Scott, Director of Policy, at email@example.com.