Date Added: 4 April 2019
: 23 April 2019
Job Title: Research Director
Working For: Social Market Foundation
Salary: In the region of £50,000
This is a rare opportunity to help lead a major UK think tank address the big economic and social problems facing the UK.
Based at the heart of Westminster, the SMF is a non-partisan think tank that promotes fair markets and strong public services. The SMF is a registered charity and declares all its sources of funding.
The role of Research Director is senior role within the SMF. The postholder will shape the topics that the SMF analyses and the policies put forward, as well as representing the think tank and its work in regular interactions with senior politicians and officials and leading figures from business, academia and the media.
They will also be a member of the charity’s senior leadership team, working closely with James Kirkup, SMF Director, and the charity’s trustees to ensure the success and good governance of the organisation.
The postholder will:
- Be responsible for designing and leading high-quality research output that maintains and enhances the SMF’s reputation for rigorous and influential policy analysis.
- Oversee the work and outputs of the SMF’s team of researchers and economists.
- Manage relationships with existing sponsors and build a network of new funders to support the SMF’s research activities.
- Communicate the SMF’s findings persuasively to audiences including ministers and shadow ministers, parliamentarians, officials, and the media.
For a full job description and person specification please visit our webiste: http://www.smf.co.uk/research-director-at-the-social-market-foundation
Closing Date: 23 April 2019
The closing date for applications is 9am Tuesday 23rd April.
Initial interviews will be held in the week commencing 29th April.
To apply, email James Kirkup on James@smf.co.uk, heading your email “Application: Research Director”
- Covering letter explaining your suitability for the post
- The outline of a research project you would want the SMF to undertake in 2019. This should be a maximum of 2 A4 sides and include an estimate of the charity’s costs and suggestions for sources of funding.
To discuss an application or any aspect of this vacancy, contact firstname.lastname@example.org in confidence.