Date Added: 5 April 2019
: 19 April 2019
Job Title: Intern
Working For: Field Consulting
Salary: London Living Wage - £10.55 per hour
Field Consulting is a thriving political and corporate communications consultancy that helps clients change policy and perceptions. We are currently recruiting a paid intern to provide support on a range of accounts for a three-month period. Our clients include a range of well-known corporate names in the infrastructure, aviation, rail, retail, property and energy sectors.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual interested in learning more about public affairs and media relations to work in a busy and successful consultancy. You will be working as part of the fifteen strong team and have immediate client-facing roles so we are looking for the best and brightest.
The internship will provide the successful candidate with a thorough understanding of Parliamentary processes, including legislative work, research, campaigning, stakeholder and media engagement, and public affairs techniques.
- Supporting the day-to-day delivery of client work across a range of accounts
- Monitoring the media and Parliamentary business
- Producing research briefings – both for use internally and with clients
- Organising Parliamentary and client events
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Educated to degree level (2:1) or equivalent in a relevant subject
- A strong grasp of how the UK political system works and an understanding of current policy landscape
- A highly organised approach, with the ability to prioritise effectively and perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent all-round research and communication skills including strong written and analytical skills
- Good initiative as well as the ability to work well as part of a team
- Experience of using social media
Closing Date: 19 April 2019
Interviews to be held as soon as possible. Start date 22 April or sooner.
Please send a CV and brief covering email explaining why you want to work for Field Consulting to email@example.com. Separate cover letters are not necessary.