Date Added: 5 April 2019
: 19 April 2019
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Bob Blackman MP (Harrow East)
Salary: In line with IPSA guidelines
Bob is looking for a reliable and hardworking caseworker. The successful candidate would be based in Harrow and would be responsible for managing and responding to incoming enquiries from constituents, organising and attending advice surgeries, and providing advice to constituents in personal matters.
• Responding to routine correspondence and policy enquiries from constituents
• Managing and progressing casework appropriately
• Ensuring that all cases are logged, monitoring progress, and ensuring that all identified actions are taken
• Ensuring records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
• Organising and attending advice surgeries
• Must possess excellent written communication skills and an attention to detail
• Have a sympathetic and professional telephone manner
• Have good interpersonal, time management, and organisational skills
• Be able to work independently as well as part of a team and take on ad hoc tasks
• Have strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
• Be proficient in Microsoft Office and case management software
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 19 April 2019
Interviews will commence immediately after the noted closing date. Start date in early May preferable.
Please email your CV and a short covering letter outlining your experience and suitability for the role to the Office Manager, Nicola Blackman, on firstname.lastname@example.org.