Date Added: 8 April 2019
: 31 May 2019
Job Title: Press Officer (Print & Online)
Working For: United for Change
United for Change is building a movement to provide an alternative to the tribal politics that has taken hold in the UK. We are on a mission to bring fresh faces and new ideas to Westminster. Launching later this year, we've already amassed thousands of supporters to lay the foundations from which we can rapidly scale-up.
Working to the Media Manager, the Press Officer will be responsible for day-to-day press enquiries, pitching and media briefings.
• Act as the first point of contact for press enquiries.
• Build relationships with print, and online media.
• Arrange media appearances.
• Write and editing press releases and articles for print and online media.
• Draft briefing notes ahead of media appearances.
• Brief journalists.
• Monitor media activity.
• A good knowledge of national and local media in print and online media.
• An understanding of the current political environment.
• At least two years’ experience of working in the media or a press office in a political environment or campaigning environment, with proven background in both proactive and reactive comms.
• Proven experience of delivering effective external communications for an individual, campaign or organisation.
• Experience co-ordinating and liaising with press to secure desired coverage.
• Proactive and can-do approach.
• Ability to build effective relations with national, local and online media.
• Good organisational skills.
• Good writing skills with experience of writing press statements, articles and social media content.
• Ability to work quickly and effectively in a busy environment.
• Ability to management stakeholders in a polite manner
Closing Date: 31 May 2019
Please send CV and cover letter to: