Date Added: 9 April 2019
: 22 April 2019
Job Title: Policy Analyst, Climate Change
Working For: InfluenceMap
Salary: £26,000-29,000 depending on experience/qualifications
We are a London UK based non-profit working on the cutting edge of climate and sustainability issues.
Joining InfluenceMap (IM) represents a great opportunity to be part of a friendly and dynamic team, work with our global network of partners and help shape the agenda on climate change.
At our core is the use of data-intensive research processes to create simple and compelling narratives on climate change. We are recruiting an analyst to work within our corporate climate policy influence work stream (described here: https://influencemap.org/climate-lobbying). You will work closely with the Project Lead to assess companies, improve our methodology and communicate results to our stakeholders.
- Analysing company lobbying activities, helping maintain IM’s corporate lobby scoring database
- Managing our media contacts, tracking media coverage of IM, building and segmenting our media database
- Working with our Web Developer, team members and external partners to ensure our user interface meets the necessary requirements
- Communicating our content on the Climate Lobbying Project (written and verbal) to external partners in finance, media and the NGO community, with initial support from IM team members
- You will report to the Project Lead and work closely with team members to ensure you have all the information you need to do your job. You will be empowered to be assertive and use your initiative in this role.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and handle time-sensitive work
- Excellent analytical, numerical skills
- Excellent internet skills, strong attention to detail in all aspects of your work
- Advanced Excel and Word skills essential
- Fluent English with excellent writing skills (we aspire to the writing style of The Economist)
- A good university first degree BSc/BA
- Knowledge of our work area (climate change/policy/finance) is not essential but an interest would be useful
Closing Date: 22 April 2019
- Interviews will take place at our office at Bermondsey Street, London, in April/May 2019
- This is a full-time position
- Start date May-June 2019
- InfluenceMap values diversity and equal opportunities; applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates with the right to work in the UK.
- Please indicate clearly which IM position you are applying for and how you found out about the vacancy.
- Please provide your CV (two page maximum), cover letter (one page maximum) and reference/s in one PDF file, emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include all the information you wish to be considered in this PDF file.