Date Added: 9 April 2019
: 24 April 2019
Job Title: Conference Delegate Coordinator
Working For: Chatham House
Salary: £27,000 (excluding bonus)
As the Conference Delegate Coordinator, you will play a key role by promoting the annual programme of conferences held at Chatham House and developing relationships to secure delegates, from within our membership and beyond.
You will contribute directly to the conference team's financial objectives and marketing plan, which will require working closely with all members of this dynamic and collaborative team. Working for a world leading think tank, you will build on and develop core skills in areas such as sales, relationship management, market research, event promotion and conference coordination. Immersed in the ever-changing world of international relations, you will acquire knowledge of a range of different industry sectors and markets, as well as the different ways Chatham House delivers value to them.
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree level education (or equivalent experience)
- Previous experience within a professional office environment
- Ability to build rapport quickly with partners via the telephone and email
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Personable, presentable and articulate
- A creative approach
- Ability to prioritize and take initiative
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good numerical skills
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Office (particularly in Excel)
- Ability to work as part of a team and with individuals at all levels displaying tact, sensitivity and diplomacy at all times
- Discretion in handling confidential information
- Passionate about international affairs
- Experience of working in a think-tank, research institute, NGO or third sector
- Sales experience, ideally phone based
- Conferences or events based experience
For more information on the role and how to apply please visit our website.
Closing Date: 24 April 2019
This advert will close at 9:00am on the closing date.
To apply, please submit your CV/Resume and a covering letter explaining why you are applying for the role: https://chathamhouse.workable.com/j/6FC92C6901
Please note that you must have an unrestricted right to work in the UK to apply for this role.