Date Added: 9 April 2019
: 1 May 2019
Job Title: Intern
Working For: WPI Strategy
Salary: National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage
WPI Strategy is one of the UK's fastest growing public affairs firms. We work with some of the most high profile brands in the country and provide clients with in-depth policy research, strategic advice and hands-on support to deliver high value, high impact political campaigns.
We are looking for an intern to join our team for six months. Our internship will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Gain experience and understanding of UK politics and life in Westminster;
- Gain experience working on multiple different policy areas and political issues;
- Build networks across Westminster and work with senior staff on key client issues.
What are the responsibilities?
- Conducting literature reviews and data analysis on key policy issues;
- Supporting the production of detailed policy reports and briefing materials for clients;
- Supporting the team’s political analysis by writing short briefings of key political events and trends;
- Assisting the team in analysing policy and media issues, including helping with the production of political data presentations;
- Helping the events team with production of policy events with political and media figures.
- Research skills: Applicants must be able to use a wide range of sources including government documents and academic literature to produce insightful analyses and summaries on policy issues.
- Policy interest: The successful candidate will have an interest in the key policy debates occurring within the United Kingdom.
- Political awareness: The successful candidate will have an appreciation and understanding of political news, trends, and issues.
- Communications and writing skills: The successful candidate will be able to clearly and concisely distil complex political and policy issues down into a clear and comprehensible set of findings.
Closing Date: 1 May 2019
We will be accepting rolling applications and may appoint before the closing date. Interviews will commence asap. Starting date is 1st June.
To apply for this job applicants should submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should also attach an article of no longer than 500 words answering the following question: "If you were an MP, what Ten Minute Rule Bill would you introduce and why?"