Date Added: 9 April 2019
: 8 May 2019
Job Title: (Senior) Manager, Policy & Government Affairs
Working For: BritishAmerican Business
The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of (transatlantic) policy and government affairs work, the ability to write policy, a commercial and strategic mindset, an excitement for the things that are happening in the transatlantic trade and investment corridor, as well as an ambition for personal growth.
- Help to identify key areas of relevance to BAB and its members an offer detailed policy analysis and recommendations for policy makers.
- Lead on the production of regular commentaries, briefings, position papers and statements, reflecting policy matters of relevance to BAB and its membership.
- Lead on the production of a series of substantive ‘White Papers’ on issues impacting the UK/US trade and investment relationship.
- o Benchmark: The successful candidate should be equipped and comfortable to write a policy one-pager in one day and a comprehensive policy paper in a week.
- Lead on the production of the BAB Policy Agenda, BAB’s annual policy flagship publication, particularly on the written content but also support in identifying sponsorship for the product.
- Help to establish a structured policy engagement for BAB and its members around key themes as defined by the Policy Steering Committee and the annual Policy Agenda.
- Help and/or lead on creating events and programmes that support the production of content as well as use events and programme for content generation.
- Build and expand BAB’s and your personal network of relevant stakeholders in Governments, Businesses and other organisations.
- Build a strong rapport with key BAB members interested in the policy portfolio as well creating a pipeline for prospective members through the policy work.
- Represent BAB at internal and external events, with the ability to speak publicly and to moderate events and meeting sessions.
- Provide counsel and support to the CEO, the Director of Policy & Trade and the wider teams in London and New York on current developments in policy matters of relevance to BAB.
- Develop and manage a budget and identify areas of engagement and growth for the policy portfolio, including bids for public grants and the attraction of sponsorship for events and publications.
For more details, please see the full job description here.
Closing Date: 8 May 2019
Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis.
To apply, please send the following documents/information to Sherry Dolatshahi by May 8th 2019 at SDolatshahi@babinc.org:
- Cover Letter
- Professional writing sample (e.g. Government submission, White Paper. No university papers)
- Salary expectations
Please note: This is a full-time role; consultancy arrangements are not being considered. We welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. We are open to flexible working arrangements, e.g. for parents with young children.