Date Added: 9 April 2019
: 28 April 2019
Job Title: Operations Manager/ Head of Operations
Working For: Common Vision (CoVi)
Salary: £30,000-35,000 dependent on experience
Common Vision is a think tank and social enterprise working to move politics beyond angry, binary debates, and instead unite people around long-term intergenerational goals. Through events, publications and research, we champion public dialogue around social and political issues, and seek to revitalise public diplomacy through encouraging established and new leaders to exchange perspectives and build understanding.
Over the last 5 years, Common Vision has built a strong reputation and enjoyed a growing profile. We have worked with politicians from 7 political parties, increased our media presence and successful led projects encompassing a wide range of topics, methods and outputs. With ambitious plans to diversify and scale our work further, we are working to strengthen our operations and governance in this key phase of growth.
This newly created Operations Manager/ Head of Operations role encompasses a range of varied activities that are crucial to the organisation’s growth and sustainability. We are looking for an experienced individual to take on responsibilities relating to:
- Events management - Overseeing the delivery and logistics of a busy programme of public and professional events
- Finances – Monitoring project budgets and organisational cashflow; working with the director to prepare management accounts and planning funding targets
- Communications - Ensuring strong external communications with current and potential partners; administering updates to the contact database; overseeing the drafting and publishing of website content, newsletters and social media campaigns
- Fundraising and business development – Identifying to funding opportunities; cultivating relationships with project partners; approaching commercial and charitable sources; and developing other new business opportunities
- HR and office management - Maintaining relevant software and IT systems; overseeing staff recruitment, onboarding and training; managing office policies and procedures
- Impact and evaluation – Monitoring and measuring the success of our activities; overseeing project evaluations and impact strategies
For further details and a full candidate specification please see: http://www.covi.org.uk/about/#vacancies
We will consider part-time or flexible working arrangements for the right candidate.
Closing Date: 28 April 2019
Start dates negotiable. We may appoint before the closing date.
Please send a CV and tailored covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with W4MP and the job title in the email subject line.